Wednesday, May 06, 2009

No Visit To Prison Island For Michael Savage


The fuss over the list of people banned from the UK for their contrary views has been rumbling on for some time and now Michael Savage, a US conservative radio broadcaster, is threatening to sue Home Secretary Jacqui Smith (pictured left) after he appeared on a list of people baned from entering the UK. I couldn't help wondering why the hell anybody would want to visit this country while New Labour are daily flushing more of our freedoms and liberties down the toilet but that's fredom, or it used to be. Pretty soon we will have the North Koreans putting motions condemning the civil rights abuses of our government before the UN!

Call me old fashioned but I still believe in free speech, and I don't mean as long as you agree with me, I mean free speech even if I find what you say deeply offensive. Mr Savage has called the Koran "a book of hate". Big deal! I'm a Roman Catholic and have heard the Pope savaged in much worse language, then I have either defended him and my faith or just turned the other cheek and walked away. That's life, get on with it for God's sake, oops, is that blasphemy? Ban me! Here is a quote from Mr Savage off the BBC news website:

"To link me up with skinheads who are killing people in Russia, to put me in league with Hamas murderers who kill people on buses is defamation," he said.

In an article posted on his website, he said he did not advocate violence but "traditional values".

He wrote: "What does that say about the government of England? It says more about them than it says about me."


I may be running the risk of deportation now but here is a second tidbit about Mr Savage that I also agree with:

He also angered the parents of children with autism by saying most cases were "a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out", the Associated Press reported.


I actually do believe that there is an element of using certain conditions today, such as autism and dyslexia, to cover up for bad behaviour, bad parenting or poor teaching. After all in these pc days you can't actually be judgemental can you? Not nice. But even if he is totally wrong so was Blair about Iraq and WMDs. Who is worse?

So if you were one of those who thought that banning a few Muslims was fine and dandy, look at who else this fascist state has banned from entering our green and pleasant land. You may find, as with all totalitarian systems, they've actually thrown the baby out with the bathwater.

I'd rather have a few mad clercis and assorted nutters preaching hate than a government that so obviously hates its own people.

And before they seriously start controlling the internet,why not find out about Michael Savage yourself:

Michael Savage's website

No comments: