Friday, August 22, 2008

European Gendarmerie Force


Following my post yesterday, linking to Torquil Dick-Erikson's article about Eurogend, I have been trying to track down the official website of this fascistic EU force but have been unable to. Perhaps I'm not looking in the right place, but I found eurogendfor.eu easily enough last year.

Anyway I have now found this piece on the website of the Portuguese Presidency 2008. It really does make for chilling reading, a sign of what life in the future EU authoritarian state will be like.

There is more about it on this French Ministry of Defence website, including an interesting picture gallery. The following quote is also taken from the same website:

"EGF was implemented as an instrument to shift from a military crisis management to a civilian one, meant to intervene more specifically towards the en d of a crisis. It can deploy about 800 men under 30 days' notice".

No comments: