Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Can They Get Any Worse?

So, the pinko lefties are drooling about Obama being re-elected. Big deal.  Seeing him constantly on TV these last few weeks has really shown how shallow politics has become here and in the States. He seems hot on rhetoric but when you analyse it he says little of any real substance. From a British point of view having a US President who supports Argentina's claim to the Falklands isn't very helpful either.

Then there's the question of race. This morning I've lost count of the number of references to Obama's race. At best it makes him sound like a token black man, at worst it is surely racism. I've always said that the far left and the far right are two sides of the same coin on the question of race and racism. The reaction to the re-election of Obama, I think, proves me right.

Then we have Nadine Dorries MP disappearing off to Australia to play around in the reality TV show I'm A Celebrity.. Says it all about what she thinks of her position as a Member of Parliament and her constituents. At least George Galloway wasn't an MP when he was well and truly humiliated on Big Brother.

Then we have hundreds of thousands of people signing petitions calling for a referendum on our continued membership of the European Union. Do we get a referendum? No, instead we get to vote for elected Police and Crime Commissioners on November 15th. Democracy in action?

Yesterday I spoilt my ballot paper for the November 15th election. I posted it back with 'just another politicians' gravy train' written across it and something like 'muppet' written against the name of each candidate. I look forward to doing similar at the next general election.

Surely it can't get any worse.

No comments: