Thursday, April 24, 2008

Letters to the Editor

Being snowed under with elections at the moment, there are no elections in my vicinity but there are elsewhere in the North West of England, time is a bit short. To cut corners I am posting some stuff that has appeared in the local paper recently.

This one may sound fractured, between Fairtrade and the EU, but that was the editing. I did link them more clearly in my original, honest guv!

And this is the response from Gina Dowding, a Green who I was on the council with in Lancaster from 1999 to 2003.

As ever I think the Green response proves my point.

4 comments:

Mark Wadsworth said...

I like the way she jumps from 'free trade is bad' straight to 'privatisation is bad' as if it were a logical step (even if either standpoint were logical in the first place).

Ah, reader's letters ... it's like slow moving blogs for old folks.

Beaman said...

Good old Lancaster. I was born there.

Gregg said...

It's a small world. I was born in Manchester although I believe my family, going back to great grandparents and earlier, were from Shropshire.

Beaman said...

The Beamans in my family come from the Midlands. Mostly originally from the Dudley/Cosely area. Then some moved to south Staffordshire.

I seem to remember an online surname map a couple of years ago and saw that Beaman is, as expected, a very Shropshire/Midlands name.