Sunday, November 30, 2008

Mancunians Rejoice

The Council House (aka Wastelands) was actually full today, because Manchester City were playing United. And happily United cruised to a 1-0 victory against the Berties, known as that to United fans because of 'Bertie Magoo The Bitter Blue'.

So, here is a little ditty sung by the red three quarters of Manchester after a few pints and a derby win over City:

My Old Man Said Be A City Fan - (tune of 'Don't Dilly Dally On The Way')

My old man, said "be a city fan",
And I said "bollocks, you're a tw*t!",
"I'd rather shag a bucket with a big hole in it,
Than be a city fan for just one minute".

With hatchets and hammers,
Stanley knives and spanners,
We'll show those city b*stards how to fight (how to fight),
"I'd rather shag a bucket with a big hole in it,
Than be a city fan! (all together now)".

The only part I take issue with is the fact that my old man, like any self-respecting Mancunian, would never have told me to be a City fan.

No comments: