Monday, December 01, 2008

EU and Democracy

If you are in any doubt about the totalitarian nature of the EU then please read the following from ITV Teletext news, especially noting the last line:

UK 'closer to joining euro'

The UK is closer to joining the euro than ever before, says EC President Jose Manuel Barroso.

He said some British politicians are considering signing up to the currency in a bid to beat the effects of the global economic crisis.

"We are now closer than ever before," he said, while admitting the majority of UK people are still opposed to the idea of joining the single currency.

2 comments:

Vote Derek Bennett Walsall South said...

This reminds me of a joke my dear old dad told me when I was a lad.

A politician on his soap box addressed a crowd and told them: "When my party comes to power we will make you all wealthy." A little chap at the back of the crowd shouted up: "I don't want to be wealthy." The politician ignored this and continued: "When we come to power we will ensure yoiu all own big houses." The little chap shouted up again: "I don't want a big house." A bit frustrated by this the politician continued: "When we come to power you will all own large cars." The little chap shouted: "I don't want a large car. By now, well and truly pissed off, the politician, looking directly at the little chap said: "When we are in power you will all do as you are told!"

That seems like the same democratic principles the EU operate under.

Gregg said...

Nice one Derek.