Monday, December 22, 2008

Police Pantomime Clown

I know it's the pantomime season but the following quote from the senior officer investigating the Damian Green fiasco is actually quite disturbing, as pantomime clowns can sometimes be:

"The Tory machinery and their press friends are mobilised against this investigation," the Metropolitan Police assistant commissioner told reporters.

"I think it is a very spiteful act, possibly to intimidate me away from investigating Mr Green, and I feel it has put my family at risk."

He later withdrew claims that the Conservatives had acted in a "corrupt" way, and issued the full apology on Monday in a statement.

"I have now reflected on the comments I made yesterday at a difficult time for me and my family. I wish to make clear that it was not my intention to make any allegations, and retract my comments," he said.


But this is the copper responsible for anti-terrorism at Scotland Yard, which is really worrying. No wonder we get the odd alert that there will be an atrocity then nothing happens, he probably bottles it whenever he sees somebody with a tan and a rucksack on CCTV in Oxford Street. Nowhere near as cool as Bodie and Doyle is he? There again he probably joined the Met on a fast track after completing his Ph.D. in Equality and Diversity Awareness.

No comments: