Monday, November 16, 2009

Vacuous Apologies

It's a pathetic spineless government that apologises for events in history. I was brought up to apologise for things that were down to my actions, not other peoples' actions. That is just plain vacuous and designed to make the apologiser feel good, it is shallow and meaningless.

So after the crass apology for slavery, despite many black Africans still buying and selling each other, Gordon Brown has now apologised, on whose behalf I do not know, to all the children shipped out to Australia some time between the 1930s and the 1960s. I hope he didn't apologise on my behalf because it wasn't anything to do with me.

I wonder how many years it will take him and Blair to apologise to our servicemen and others over Iraq and Afghanistan. I wouldn't hold your breath, that would mean accepting respoonsibility too, something else New Labour isn't good at.

No comments: