Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Guild of Catholic Bloggers

On May 7th I was privileged to join a group of Catholic bloggers at Westminster Cathedral. The purpose was to launch The Guild of Catholic Bloggers. One of the key decisions was to launch an umbrella blog and thus The Guild of Blessed Titus Brandsma was born.

The knowledge and depth of faith of those present was the most impressive part of the day. I have been a practising Catholic most of my life but in the last couple of years I have been on a journey of discovery. Like many of us I have attended Mass, prayed when in need and that has been about it. But, partly due to persistent attacks on Christianity by militant atheists, I have not only felt the need to stand up and be counted, but also to look deeper into my faith. The Guild of Titus Brandsma will be an excellent support and resource for Catholics, and those wanting to find out about Catholicism everywhere.

I don't call myself a Catholic blogger, I am a Catholic who blogs. This is not a Catholic blog although it is influenced by my Catholicism. If you are curious about the Roman Catholic church and want to find out more I suggest that you, like me, take a look at some of the blogs in my side bar under the heading Catholic Blogs I Like To Visit.

Many thanks to Lawrence of That The Bones You Have Crushed May Thrill for his hard work on developing the blog. Long may it prosper.

No comments: