Friday, October 28, 2011

More On Liberal Democrat Nutters.

The Lib Dems have a history of bizarre chracters, so I thought I'd do a quick update. Here we go:

Lib Dem MP John Hemming's wife has just been sentenced for kidnapping his lover's kitten. Full story.

Lib Dem 'Mithering Business' Secretary Vince Cable, who constantly whines about businesses not paying enough tax, has been fined £500. Oh yes, it was for failure to pay a tax bill. Full story.

Then there's Chris Huhne, Energy Secretary. He's spent the summer denying claims from his ex-wife that she took speeding points on her licence on his behalf. As far as I know the case is still being looked at by the Crown prosecution service. Full story.

I won't mention Huhne's clanger when he sent what he thought was a private message to his open Twitter feed. But if you want to find out more the full story is here.

And we're being ruled by these clowns!

2 comments:

Scout said...

Oh well, that's politicians for you! :) I'm not sure things were much different under the last Labour government, though, or under the Conservative government before that.

To be honest, though, I'm glad the Lib Dems are in government, because I've got a feeling things would be a lot worse if the Tories were ruling on their own.

Gregg said...

I don't think sharing power with a bunch of weirdos like the Lib Dems has a positive influence in any way.

Until we have a government that will truly slash the deficit, privatise everything currently being mismanaged by the state, including the NHS, then we are up the creek.

I doubt even a Tory Party led by other than the current pinko-liberal Cameron would be prepared to do the necessary. So we agree on that.