Monday, April 04, 2011

Michael Jackson at Fulham FC-A Fitting Monument to the Premier League

How fitting that the Phoney Pharoah, the most vulgar man in British business, should erect the most vulgar statue of the most vulgar pop star the world has seen, outside the ground of a club in the most vulgar sporting league in the world. If Woolworth's had sold pieces of 7' tat like the statue to the left left they would have gone belly up many decades before they actually did.

But the most obscene thing was to hear a so-called Fulham 'supporter' claiming that the Phoney Pharoah had put £160m into the club so he could do what he wanted, the 'supporter' didn't care. And other 'supporters' said similar. Fayed insisted that any fans criticising his piece of tasteless vulgarity were idiots who should go and watch Chelsea.

So they should troop a couple of miles to watch a club that's the plaything of a dodgy Russian oligarch instead? Do me a favour. At least go and watch Liverpool, the club that's bought and sold by American millionaires like a cheap tart on the streets of Toxteth. If you don't fancy that then go and watch United and help pay off the £500m debt dumped on the club by the Glazers who wanted to buy the club, but didn't have the readies. Or why not go and watch Man City. You know, the club that claims to be Manchester's real club? Except they've sold their soul to a bunch of Arabs for what? Lifelong City fans? I doubt it, a pot of cash eventually more like it.

Just about sums up English football.  

11 comments:

e.f. bartlam said...

I love these posts...I love the passion.

Sad that it's come to that though.

Putney Swope said...

Mate, compared to the thieving , corrupt , swine we've had as chairmen in the past, Alf is like a saint. Fulham's a great little club, playing lovely football , and generally standing up for the good things in the professional game. I'm not an admirer of the statue, but at elast it's parked at the back of one of the stands where most people can't see it. If you want to be positive (unlikely) , why don't you do a piece about the beautiful bronze of Johnny Haynes outside the main gates?

Anonymous said...

the statue is vile. hopefully some chavs will deal with it very soon

Gregg said...

I see nothing about the vulgarity of the Premier League to be positive about, you're right. If you want to bend over and be shafted by the Phoney Pharoah so you think you're in the big time for a while that's your problem.

Fulham are as big a part of the problem as any other club. The heart and soul of football has gone, bought by dodgy money men satisfying the short term urges of fans who would sell their grannies for a bit of success.

Putney Swope said...

Mate, you're missing the point . For us fans , 10 years in the ' vulgar ' Premier League , with a European Final last year , IS the big time . I remember when we won 1-0 at Carlisle to stay in the League and I know which I prefer . BTW I also support my local non-league team because I love football, Premiership and grass roots . I also played for about 30 years. I don't know what floats your boat , living up a mountain with a shotgun probably, but I can see a loose connection (not proven) between the King of Pop and Pope Benny .

Gregg said...

Thanks Putney Swope for perfectly proving my point.

No class, vulgar, wanting to buy glory with the cash of a disgusting clown like Fayed. You typify the worst of modern Premier League football.

Gregg said...

By the way Putney, thankfully I'm not your 'mate'. I'm choosy about my friends.

Putney Swope said...

Touched a nerve there , did I , pal?
Seriously, if you think think Al Fayed is "a disgusting clown" you must be right off your trolley. It's a pity you didn't come down south to the Cottage before sounding off. I guess it's a bit below the tree line for you though.

Enjoy the solstice , cheerio.

Gregg said...

Keep them coming Putney, every one just proves my point.

Jimmy Hill's Chin said...

I wouldn't give bigoted morons like Putney Swope a platform Greg. He sounds like the worst type of football fan. Beer belly to his knees and a skin tight England replica shirt I'll bet. Probably never went to Craven Cottage until Keegan took charge.

Anonymous said...

Yea, goon from Putney sounds like a right div to me. The statues crap looks cheap and chavvy just like Fulham football club. There called the cottagers for a reason You know.