Monday, April 27, 2009

The Bitch Is Back



Not content with monitoring our phone calls, emails and visits to social networking sites (God knows what else) Jacqui Smith (pictured above)is now getting private communications companies to store all the data on us rather than having a single government database.

I don't know what's scarier, the government holding the data or private businesses, I trust neither and don't see why it is necessary or acceptable in the first place. Personally I'd rather take my chances with a bunch of terrorists than live in a police state. I suppose they'll use the disastrous arrest recently of 12 innocent men under the anti-terror legislation to justify more attacks on our freedom and liberties. You know what I mean, 'if we'd had proper access to data that would never have happened', sort of thing.

2 comments:

Gregg M said...

Is it just me or does the goverment always trundle out the fear or terrorism everytime they want to get a more controlling grip on our lives. Just like when they want more money they call it a "green" tax and if you disagree with it they make out that you are killing babies by doing so.
This lot in charge of more information on me is just plain scary, if its not laptops or memory sticks left on trains its , let me think... oh NHS in London has just lost its database on its waiting lists.... OOOH now i feel safe.

Gregg said...

Exactly Gregg, and I hope and pray that people are waking up now to the reality. But more importantly will actually start to do something about it.