Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Coalition Going, Going...........

I remember driving back from the Meriden constituency count after the general election as other results were rolling in wondering how long until the next general election. Not long I thought. Then the Coalition was cobbled together and I became convinced that there would be another general election within two years.

It's obvious to anybody who has seen the LIb Dems up close, as I did when I was a local councillor, that they are like spoilt children. They say what suits them at a given time, throw tantrums if they don't get their own way and care little for the voters. When in coalition on local councils they display little sense of collective responsibility, important in councils but crucial to effective national government.

I would like to thank Vince Cable for proving me absolutely correct. But what does it say about David Cameron and the Tories that a clown like Cable is Business Secretary?

No comments: