Monday, March 23, 2009

Snouts In The Trough


Yet another Labour MP, Tony McNulty (pictured), has been caught thieving from you and me, the taxpayers. He claims that the rules allowed him to claim allowances on a second home even though it was only eight miles from his main home. The poor lad had to use the house, his parents home, when in the constituency so he needed financial recompense because the rules allowed it. Well Tony, just because you can doesn't mean you have to.

I stay occasionally with my parents when in Manchester, but they don't charge me. When I've been there on business I have never claimed expenses from an employer for staying there, it was a chance to actually save on hotel bills. But we can't expect politicians to think like that. That involves a level of morality, coupled with a conscience, that is sadly lacking in most politicians.

I also saw headlines yesterday, but no more, about a Labour MP being caught with his pants down in the House of Conmmons. Strange because it always used to be Labour in financial naughtiness, the Tories involved in sexual shenanigans. Labour seem now to have cornered the market in both, shafting anybody and everybody in every sense of the word whenever they get the chance.

No comments: